Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    We are planning on moving to Tas once we have finished selling our rural property here in QLD. We are researching rural locations and schooling and so on within about 30mins of Hobart. In addition to our two kids we have my mother-in-law living with us and her husband is in an aged care facility as he has dementia and needs higher care. He is currently in our local aged care facility in our local town of Boonah, QLD which, while not fancy, provides very good care. Do you have any information on aged care facilities and their reputation?
    Regards,
    Graham

Jo (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Graham,

Firstly, my apologies for not replying earlier. My email notifications got caught up in the pre-Xmas mess of my inbox from which I have only just really emerged.

I hope that the sale of your property in Qld moves at a pace that works for you. I know that of course it could take a long time.

In terms of aged care homes, I don’t have specific knowledge of facilities and reputations, and only really know of a few through my mum talking about some of her friends. In terms of the process, it may make sense to first narrow down the region of Hobart that suits you for your new property, and then from there first focus on the homes that are in that area, or not too far away. Sorry I can’t be more help there.

If you haven’t already, have a look at the Where to Live videos of Hobart to see my suggestions about where to love for being further afield. Also, come back here to ask if you want some more suggestions or have questions on some areas about facilities or the realities of the distance, driving time etc.

I hope I can help you work out the best location for you all.

Jo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.